Are you eligible to join?
There are two different types of health funds in Australia – unrestricted funds that anyone can join, and ‘restricted’ membership funds that require special eligibility to join. rt is a restricted membership health fund.
We exist specifically to care for the health cover needs of transport and energy industry employees and their families, which means our focus is on finding ways to keep providing even more services, better benefits and greater value to people in our industries.
Because we are a not-for-profit fund we have no reason to exist other than to provide great health cover to our members. And because only transport and energy industry people are eligible to join, rt really is your health fund.
You may be eligible in your own right, or through an eligible family member, even if your family member is not an rt member. Once your eligibility to join rt has been established it remains in place for life, even if you lose your original links with the transport or energy industries.
You are eligible to join in your own right if you are a current or former employee of a:
- government or privately operated land, sea or air transport company
- government entity charged with administering the land, sea or air transport industries
- an employee of a government or privately operated energy generation and delivery entity including supply of electricity, gas, oil, petrol, coal, nuclear or renewable energy
- contract company where you are, or were, employed to provide services to an organisation described in 1, 2 or 3 above; or
- if you are a current or former member of Railways Credit Union Limited (now known as MOVE)
You are eligible to join through a family relationship if you are related to someone who fits any of the above criteria, whether they are an rt member or not. You must be the eligible person's:
- Brother or sister
- Brother or sister-in-law
- Partner / former partner (spouse or de facto)
- Child (natural, adopted, step child or foster child)
- Son or daughter-in-law
If you’re not sure if you’re eligible to join, ask our team on 1300 56 46 46.