What's great about being an rt member?
#1 You can join us risk-free with our 30-day cooling off period
We understand that deciding to join a health fund is a big step, so we want to make it easy for you. When you join rt we’ll give you 30 days to try us out risk free. If there’s anything you’re not happy about within the first 30 days, we’ll refund your money.
#2 Great excess options ... and the kids go excess-free
No matter which of our hospital covers you have, dependent children covered under your membership don't pay any excess at all on any hospital stays.
If you choose an excess with our Premium Hospital cover, all day surgery procedures are excess-free for everyone on your membership, and with our Smart and Value Hospital covers, the day surgery excess is just $100.
#3 We offer super rates for sole-parent families
Sole-parent family cover includes one adult and all the kids, and helps make keeping the family protected with hospital cover just that little bit easier.
#4 We can help you keep the kids covered right up to age 25
Your children are covered by your family or sole-parent family membership until their 21st birthday. After that, there are a couple of options to keep them covered up till their 25th birthday, provided they are not married or living in a de facto relationship:
- If they are studying full-time they can remain on your membership at no additional cost as a 'student dependant'.
- If they are working and you have our Premium Hospital cover, they can remain on your membership for an additional contribution that’s only a fraction of what they’d pay for their own individual cover.
Once they’re 25, it’s time for the kids to get their own cover. Thanks to your rt membership, they’ll not only be automatically eligible to join, but if they transfer to their own membership within two months of leaving yours they can join with no waiting periods to serve.
#5 You get great savings on glasses and contact lenses
We’ve teamed up with OPSM, Laubman & Pank, Budget Eyewear and Vision Plus-WA to offer our members a huge 21% discount on frames and lenses, and a 15% discount on contact lenses. Find out more about these great optical discounts.
#6 We give you free programs to help you be well, get well and stay well
Our health management programs are available to all rt members as part of their hospital cover, absolutely free. Choose from:
- hospital at home to help you get home from hospital sooner, or avoid a hospitalisation altogether, with hospital-equivalent care in your own home
- health4life to help you make the lifestyle changes you need to improve or prevent chronic disease
Read more about these free member programs.
#7 24/7 access to your membership
As an rt member, you'll enjoy round-the-clock access to your membership through our online member centre where you can:
- view previous claims and track the progress of current claims
- check and change your 'partner authority' status
- view correspondence
- view previous tax statements
- view a summary of your membership
- look up which hospitals have a contract with us, which doctors participate in our Access Gap Cover, and find a registered extras provider
- check and change your contact details
- check and change your bank account details
- visit the members' library
Read more and find out how to register for the online member centre.
#8 Get all the inside info on your health cover with our member magazine
Our member magazine, be well, is packed full of inside info, tips and advice about how to make sure you're getting the best from your rt membership. Check out some past issues of be well.
#9 The rt Families Foundation, where transport and electricity industry families turn when they need a helping hand
The Families Foundation can provide assistance to families with medical care, medicine, treatment or equipment that isn’t covered by Medicare or private health cover. It is an independent, charitable organisation that is run by rt staff volunteers in their own time. Find out more about the rt Families Foundation.
Ready to join us?
It’s easy to join rt health fund, and if you’re switching from another health fund we’ll even deal with them for you. To join, simply:
If you'd like to talk to someone who can help you decide which of our covers is best for you and answer any questions you have about how it all works, give our member care team a call on 1300 56 46 46 or email us at email@example.com.