We’re only human, and while we are absolutely committed to providing you with the best possible service, we know there will be times when we make a mistake or when we might see things differently.
If you have cause to make a complaint we will take it extremely seriously. Whether you choose to send your complaint in writing, by email or to talk to us about it, we will do everything we can to come up with a solution that works for everyone. We’ll have a response to your issue within three business days, and a resolution for you in most cases within 5 business days.
We’re here to provide great health cover and service to every one of our members, and if that’s fallen down somewhere along the way we’d like to know about it and to have the chance to fix it.
Please call 1300 886 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if there's an issue you'd like to raise with us.
If, after we’ve done everything we can to rectify the situation, you’re not satisfied with the outcome, you have the right to contact the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is an independent body that helps resolve complaints and provides advice and information to members of private health funds. Here's how you can contact them:
Call 1800 640 695
Visit Suit 2, Level 22, 580 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
The Private Health Insurance Code of Conduct
We were one of the first health funds to sign up to the voluntary industry code of conduct. Being a signatory means that we promise to:
- work toward improving our standards of practice and service;
- provide information to you in plain language;
- promote better informed decisions about our private health insurance products and services by:
- ensuring that our policy documentation is full and complete
- providing you with clear explanations of the contents of policy documentation when asked
- ensuring that the people providing you with information on health insurance are appropriately trained
- ensure information exchanged between you and us is protected in accordance with privacy principles;
- provide information to you on your rights and obligations in your relationship with us, including information on this code of conduct;
- provide you with easy access to our internal dispute resolution procedure, and advise you of your rights to take an issue to an external body such as the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman.
You can read more about the code of conduct at www.privatehealth.com.au/codeofconduct.